Amazing opportunity for Animal Care Traineeship!
Are you aged 19-24 and unemployed? Gain the qualifications and experience you need for a career in animal care.
If you have a passion for animals, then we can help you launch a new career and enhance your employment prospects.
Bypass the traditional application process, gain industry recognised qualifications and showcase your skills to employers with this 12 week course.
Next course starts 24th May
Animal Care Traineeship is 12 weeks long. You will spend the first 4-6 weeks completing your pre-employment training followed by unpaid work experience of at least 70 hours.
You will gain experience in:
Functional Skills – Maths, English and ICT where required
Valuable work placement hours with our partners
Benefits of the course
- Level 2 Award in Animal Care (City & Guilds)
- Guaranteed interviews upon completion
- Valuable work experience to showcase your skills to employers
- Blend of online learning and practical training
- Personal tutors are assigned to you to ensure you have the support needed to succeed.
Who can take part
This fantastic opportunity is open to individuals between the ages of 16 and 24 years who are not in employment, education or training and live within the following local authority areas:
Derbyshire & Nottinghamshire: Amber Valley, Bolsover (SCR), Chesterfield (SCR), Derby City, Derbyshire County Council, Derbyshire Dales (SCR), Erewash, High Peak, North East Derbyshire (SCR), South Derbyshire, Ashfield, Bassetlaw (SCR), Broxtowe, Gedling, Mansfield, Nottingham City Council, Newark and Sherwood and Rushcliffe.
West of England: Bristol City Council; Bath and North East Somerset Council; North Somerset Council; South Gloucestershire Council
Get in touch today to find out if you qualify for fully funded courses...
Your Time helps young people to:
- Develop the knowledge, skills and experience to successfully get a job, apprenticeships, traineeship or access to other education streams.
- Equip themselves with the skills to understand what will be required in the future workforce.
- Gain the skills and knowledge to enable you to progress towards your career aspirations and access better paid opportunities in the future.
- Up-skill and adapt to changes in technology and working practices.
- Access to exclusive and account managed opportunities with fast track routes.
Our Success Stories...
“My employer recently made an announcement that they would be making me redundant. Within days of this announcement DTS contacted my employer and offered me and my team support in upskilling and gaining new qualifications to support me in to a new job. I have chosen new qualifications outside my current job role which I hope will help me secure new employment opportunities”
“I was made redundant 8 weeks ago and didn’t think there was any support available to me. Through my JobCentre advisor I was passed the details of DTS and contacted them to see what was available to me. I worked in Health and Social care and had the experience but no qualifications to back this up. Through choosing 5 qualifications I will be able to confidently apply for roles back in care”
“Everyone I have spoken to within DTS have been great. My Mentor works with me each week to see how I am progressing and to support me in my learning”